Technical support: 4006008058
Address: 4F, Building A, Hongfa Science and Technology Park, Tangtou Community, Shiyan, Baoan District, Shenzhen
POE Switch FAQ
Problem 1: The POE switch cannot power/disconnect the AD.
Possible causes of failure and corresponding methods
(1) Cable problem, or use non-standard wire ( cable (test refill connectivity)
(2) Non-standard PD compatibility problem (start non-standard compatibility mode configuration)
(3) Insufficient power of the equipment (check the power supply status of the switch)
Corresponding method: (1) Replace the network cable and check whether the switch will light up.
(2) Check if the camera is powered by standard POE. If not, you can add a standard POE splitter to supply power.
(3) Check whether the added power of the connected camera is greater than the total power of the switch. If it is greater than the total power of the switch, it indicates that the power supply is insufficient. It is recommended to change the larger POE switch.
Question 2: What is the maximum transmission distance of the POE switch?
The standard POE maximum transmission distance is 100 meters, but it is closely related to the quality of the network cable. In theory, it can transmit more than 200m.
So if you want to supply more distance:
(1) The quality of the network cable should be good enough, as long as the network can communicate normally, there is no problem with the general power supply.
(2) If the switch can dial digital debugging 10/100Mbps, you can debug the switch to 10Mbps, generally can supply about 200 meters.